In the Flesh + female characters
Feel free to say hello or ask me anything!
'Seeking Aether' (experimental garment collection): InAisce FW 13/14 Men's Collection featuring South Sudanese refugee and former child soldier turned actor and model Ger Duany - video link
This went in a direction unexpected, but I am totally ok wth.
Yeah, taking photos of art, especially sketches in a moleskine, can be tricky.
- A scanner is best but if you don’t have one, try to get your sketchbook under bright, even light. Natural lighting is preferable since Moleskine pages tend to look very yellow under artificial lighting, but you can always tweak the photo.
- Don’t use the flash on your camera/phone, it almost always leaves a bright circle in the middle of the photo.
- Get the image as sharp and in-focus as you can, you may have to hold your camera away from the page a bit.
- Once the photo is taken, pop it into a photo editor program and tweak it to your liking! There are a billion tricks and tips for photo editing and you can fuss with it for hours, but to start, you will most likely have to bump up the ”contrast” and probably “brightness” too. To combat the yellow tone Moleskine pages tend to take on in photos, find the “saturation” adjuster and slide it over to the negative side (some programs have a “warmth” or “temperature” setting that gets a similar effect). It also probably won’t hurt to run a light “sharpen” filter.
- If you don’t have Photoshop, the good news there are lots of free and low cost apps for photo editing. Pixlr is web-based so no download or install required and it’s free! On mobile/tablets there are a ton of apps for adjustments and filters, Snapseed, Lumiance, Photoshop Express, even Instagram now has good photo editing features.
Good luck on getting that perfect moleskine snapshot!
just bought a fantastically beautiful opal *___*
if anyone puts that goddamn meme on this post i’m reporting them. you know the one.